Wednesday 23 October 2013

Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska Officially Announced! + Top Four Green Cards in Theros!

You could be wondering how this is happenning or you could not really understand the significance of the releasing of Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska. Jace and Vraska, if you didin't know, are both very powerful Planeswalker cards. At my local Magic store, Jace is currently being sold as a single for 31.00$ a piece. Vraska is going for 9.00$.

According to the article in which the announcment of this "Duel Decks" package, the price will be 20.00$. (In Canada is is 25.00$). If you look at Jace and Vraska alone, you are buying a 40.00$ value of cards in which you pay 20.00$ to 25.00$. In addition to these extremely poweruful cards that are being uncluded, the "Duel Decks" have always included two 60 cards decks. That means that your paying for two cards that would normally come up to 40$ and an additional 118 cards for only 20$ - 25$.

Primarily, Jace, Architect of Thought is powerful right now because there is no card-drawing spell that is powerful enough. To bring Jace's value down, I can predict that better draw-spells will come out somewhere in the next to sets of the Theros block. Those being "Born of the Gods" and "Journey in to Nyx"

Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska will be availible March 14th 2014.

If anything seems cloudy about any details i didin't explain well. Feel free to look at the article yourself: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1346

I do not believe that Vraska (on the right) is aware that Jace looks like he wants to punch her in the face. Probably because of all the dead bodies behind her. Ew.

 I'm drooling.
Top Four Green Cards in Theros!

4. Polukranos, World Eater
A great asset to mono-green or Red/Green aggro/devotion decks. It's a step ahead of your opponent, a 5/5 for four mana. They've done that already with Deadbridge Goliath, but they play much differently. This creature becomes bigger while it proves to be a decent solution to removing 1/1 and 2/2 creatures when using it's monstrosity ability. When I first saw this card, i wasn't too impressed with it's monstrosity. But now, I've play tested it a couple of times and it proved useful in standard format. A lot of valuable creatures do sit between a toughness of 1-3 and I can easily take out those creatures with Polukranos at instant speed. Fun card that's big when it hits the field for only 4 mana.

Rating: 7.3/10




3. Nylea, God of the Hunt
This card is card is not worth it's price of being around 12$. However, I love it anyways. My creatures get trample and a pump ability is included! If your devotion is high enough, swing in with an indestructible 6/6! not much more I can say about this card. I use it and I will continue to until it's no longer standard!

Rating: 7.5/10










2. Arbor Colossus
Everyone is worrying about replacing Thundermaw Hellkite with Stormbreath Dragon when they completely miss how good this creature is. Same mana cost. It's bigger by two and two. and it blocks Stormbreath while killing it. It's monstrosity cost is lower and lets you even kill Stormbreath while making this creature a 9/9. That isn't it's only advantage either. He is three green mana symbols to your devotion to green. I wish someone could tell me why this card is only worth 75 cents. Do not mind me as a grab more!

Rating: 8/10







1. Boon Satyr
With all of the popularity to mono-blue devotion, I've been getting stocked up with Mistcutter Hydra's and Skylashers. Both of those creatures can't be countered and they both have protection from blue. That's great. But I keep both of those cards in my side deck. In my main deck, I want a creature that has flash so I can side it out for Skylasher when I play blue decks. Against just about anything else, Boon Satyr is a great asset to your green deck. In the Gatecrash set, they released a card that was a 4/2 creature with flash for 6 mana. By decreasing that mana cost to 3, they made this card incredibly valuable and ideal for playing around burnspells and blocks. It's bestow ability means that you can enchant a creature and basically give it's power and toughness to the enchanted creature. And it has flash. When the enchanted creature dies, Boon satyr just becomes a 4/2 creature. Talk about second chance!

Rating: 8.9/10


Currently being finished rating the top 4 cards of each color in the Theros set, what might I write about now? Well, as fun as I had talking about all the cards I liked, I feel like I would have more fun talking about the cards I didn't like.

Next week I talk about the worst cards in Theros. If you disagree, feel free to comment and express your opinion against mine! Perhaps I will consider what you say and realise the potential of certain cards.

I will also keep you updated on Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska.

Thanks for reading and tap your lands!

No comments:

Post a Comment